by Sarah Purdy, WP editor and online content specialist
In our increasingly screen-centric world, it can be easy to discount old-school marketing methods like direct mail. But this classic approach is still relevant when the situation and audience fit! Here are just a few reasons why direct mail still rocks.
- It has respectable response rates. Many people still enjoy getting mail—it feels personal, important, and secure. (There’s no fear of accidentally clicking on a spammy link.) As a result, 62% of consumers say that receiving direct mail has inspired them to act; 44% say direct mail is their favorite way to learn about new brands.
- You can increase exposure. With email marketing, you’re limited to those who’ve opted in to get your emails or you must buy a contact list. But with USPS Every Door Direct Mail® options, you can reach more homes and businesses. And, when you send a piece of direct mail, there’s a better chance you’ll reach additional consumers in the household, as opposed to just one email subscriber.
- There’s less competition than with email marketing. Think of all the emails you get in a day. If you’re like us, you’re scrolling through dozens of promotions. On the other hand, most people only get a few pieces of mail each day. It’s much easier to get noticed in that mail stack than in a full inbox!
- You can get creative. The Write Place has sent out magnets and coasters via direct mail. Other businesses send out product samples, postcards, handwritten notes, and more. There’s a lot of room for creativity!
- You can pair it with your digital marketing campaigns. You can easily include a QR code that links to your website, your social media handles, or an online promo code.
Ready to launch your own direct mail campaign? The Write Place can help with everything from writing and design to printing and mailing coordination. Reach out to our team today.