Each book has a personality that should be reflected in the font and style of the interior design. Our designers have experience choosing fonts and developing book layout designs for novels, memoirs, children’s books, cookbooks, poetry books, and more. We’ll get to know your book, custom design an interior, and lay out the pages.
Whether you’re working with the Write Place for full self-publishing services or have already chosen your printer and distributor, we can give your book a polished and appealing interior design that’s publication-ready. A professionally designed book is a big factor in making your book credible with future buyers, so your book’s interior layout shouldn’t be overlooked when you’re ready to self-publish.
Each interior layout is custom quoted for your project so we can personalize it to meet the needs of your book.
Our book layout standards generally include, but are not limited to:
- Adequate margins, so text is not too close to the edge of the page
- Personalized font choice(s) for each book layout
- Custom line spacing and font size
- Limited hyphenation at line breaks
- Optical text margin alignment
- Baseline alignment of text
- Words and short phrases will not be left to sit alone at the top or bottom of a page
- Correction of lines of text that are too tight or too loose
- Use of running page headers (when applicable)
If you choose to use our full range of self-publishing services, you will have the choice of printing your book with either a black and white or a full color interior. You will also have many book sizes to choose from—so you can pick the one that best embodies the content of your book.
Let’s get started!
Fill out the form below and our book designer will follow-up to schedule your initial consultation. There’s no obligation. We’ll get to know you and your book, make a layout recommendation, and you can decide if we’re the right designers for you!