Writing position, nonprofit-centric
The Write Place is seeking a thoughtful and creative individual to join our team for a temporary part-time writing position, with a focus on nonprofit writing and program development. We are open to structuring this position to fulfill internship-for-credit requirements.
Experience with nonprofits ideal, but other related experience in business, communications, public relations, or marketing is also an asset. Your role will involve researching, analyzing, strategizing, and preparing reports, as well as writing and campaign planning. If your skillset is a match, graphic design work may also be assigned.
Helpful experience & skills
- Passionate about developing successful communications solutions
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Ability to think critically and creatively when presented a new challenge
- Familiarity with AP and Gregg’s style guides
- Microsoft Word with Track Changes
- Other Microsoft 365 programs: PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, etc.
- Hourly pay rate based on experience and capability
- 3 to 5 months / 5 to 7 hours per week
- Hoped-for start date: September
- Flexible schedule within normal office hours + ability to work off-site after hours if merited
You don’t need to check all these boxes to apply—we’re simply interested in working with a bright, engaging individual who can hit the ground running.
Interested in applying? Please send us a portfolio link and/or writing samples, resume, and cover letter.