An e-newsletter is a great way to keep your customers up-to-date on what’s going on at your business. They can also be an effective vehicle to offer additional value—specials, discounts, how-to’s, industry news, tips, and more. If you offer great content and let your personality shine through, your e-newsletter will be something your customers look forward to receiving.
When creating your e-newsletter, avoid common pitfalls by adhering to the following tips:
- Images are great eye-catchers, but keep your text/image ratio around 70/30 or 80/20.
- Use call-to-action buttons, which get more clicks than text links. Most email programs have an easy way to add these to your e-newsletter.
- Keep your subject lines concise and clear; 40-50 characters is a good rule of thumb.
- To avoid the SPAM folder, try not to use words like check out, loan, work from home, herbal, buy now, Oprah, and opportunity in the subject line.
- When formatting text, assist readers with scanning by using bold headlines, keywords, bullets, white space, and columns.
To learn more about how to get your company’s e-newsletter started, or to take advantage of our e-newsletter template design offer, call Lexie at The Write Place at 319-242-8074 or email email@example.com.